Effective July 23, 2019.
BRITISH CONNECTIONS TRAINING INSTITUTE envisions to provide all round solutions to overcome the challenges of creating skilled manpower and business leaders through various interactive initiatives and tools.
With the ever growing graduates and under graduates joining the workforce every year, it becomes imperative for our workforce to be “Job Ready”. British Connections intends to provide industry ready skills programs through its online portal i.e www.britishconnections.in.
The following Terms and conditions apply to all the enrolled students on the British Connections website (“Services”).
We also provide details regarding our processing of personal data of our students . You agree to resolve disputes with British Connections through binding arbitration (with very limited exceptions, not in court), and you waive certain rights to participate in class actions, as detailed in the Dispute Resolution section.
Table of Contents
- Course Enrollment
- Payments, Credits, and Refunds
- Content and Behaviour Rules
- British Connections’s Rights to Content You Post
- Using British Connectionsonline.com at Your Own Risk
- British Connections’s Rights
- Miscellaneous Legal Terms
- Dispute Resolution
- Updating These Terms
- Contact Us
You need an account for most activities on our platform, including to purchase and enrol in a course or to submit a course for publication. When setting up and maintaining your account, you must provide and continue to provide accurate and complete information, including a valid email address. You have complete responsibility for your account and everything that happens on your account, including for any harm or damage (to us or anyone else) caused by someone using your account without your permission. This means you need to be careful with your password. You may not transfer your account to someone else or use someone else’s account without their permission. If you contact us to request access to an account, we will not grant you such access unless you can provide us the login credential information for that account. In the event of the death of a user, the account of that user will be closed.
If you share your account login credential with someone else, you are responsible for what happens with your account and British Connections will not intervene in disputes between students or instructors (if any) who have shared account login credentials. You must notify us immediately upon learning that someone else may be using your account without your permission (or if you suspect any other breach of security) by contacting our Support Team. We may request some information from you to confirm that you are indeed the owner of your account.
Students must be at least 23 years of age to create an account on British Connections and use the Services. If you are younger than the required age, you may not set up an account, If we discover that you have created an account and you are younger than the required age for consent to use online services (for example, 13 in the US), we will terminate your account. Under our Instructor Agreement, you may be requested to verify your identity before you are authorized to submit a course for publication on British Connections.
2. Course Enrolment
Under our Instructor Agreement, British Connections has the authority and right to grant or enroll the student for any course on www.britishconnections.in. As a student, when you enroll in a course, whether it’s a free or paid course, you are getting a license from British Connections to view and learn the course on www.britishconnections.in and British Connections is the licensor of record. It is imperative to note that Courses are licensed, and not sold, to you. This license does not give you any right to resell the course in any manner (including by sharing account information with a purchaser or illegally downloading the course and sharing it on torrent sites).
In legal, more complete terms, British Connections grants you (as a student) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and view the courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non- commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular courses or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or use any course unless we give you explicit permission to do so in a written agreement signed by a British Connections authorized representative. This also applies to content you can access via any of our APIs.
We reserve the right to revoke any license to access and use courses at any point in time in the event where we decide or are obligated to disable access to a course due to legal or policy reasons, for example, if the course you enrolled in is the object of a copyright complaint, or if we determine its content violates our Trust & Safety Guidelines.
British Connections may not grant licenses to their courses to student directly and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms.
3. Payments, Credits, and Refunds
When you make a payment, you agree to use a valid payment method.
The prices or fees of courses on www.britishconnections.in are determined based on the terms of the Instructor Agreement and our Pricing and Promotions Policy. In some instances, the price of a course offered on the www.britishconnections.in may not be exactly the same as the price offered on our mobile applications, due to mobile platform providers’ pricing systems and their policies around implementing sales and promotions.
We regularly run promotions and sales for our courses and certain courses are only available at discounted prices for a set period of time. The price applicable to a course will be the price at the time you complete your purchase of the course (at checkout). Any price offered for a particular course may also be different when you are logged into your account from the price available to users who aren’t registered or logged in, because some of our promotions are available to new users only.
If you are logged into your account, the listed currency you see is based on your location when you created your account. If you are not logged into your account, the price currency is based on the country where you are located. We do not enable users to see pricing in other currencies.
If you are a student located in a country where use and sales tax, goods and services tax, or value added tax is applicable to consumer sales, we are responsible for collecting and remitting that tax to the proper tax authorities. In certain countries, the price you see may include such taxes.
When you make a purchase, you agree not to use an invalid or unauthorized payment method. If your payment method fails and you still get access to the course you are enrolling in, you agree to pay us the corresponding fees within thirty (30) days of notification from us. We reserve the right to disable access to any course for which we have not received adequate payments.
In some cases, we may issue credits to your account. These credits will be automatically applied towards your next course purchase on our website but may or may not be eligible to be used for purchases in our mobile applications. Credits may expire if not used within the specified period and have no cash value.
3.3 Refund Policy
Cancellation & Refunds: Online Training
For Self Placed Learning:
Raise refund request within 7 days of purchase of course. Money back guarantee is void if the participant has accessed more than 25% content or downloaded the E-Book.
For Instructor Led Training:
Raise refund request within 7 days of commencement of the first batch you are eligible to attend. Money back guarantee is void if the participant has accessed more than 25% content of an e-learning course or has attended Online Classrooms/received recordings for more than 1 day.
Also, In case a user downloads the E-Book for the course the money back guarantee will be void.
If you raise a refund request after 7 days, no refund will be provided.
4. Content and Behaviour Rules
You may not access or use the Services or create an account for unlawful purposes. Your use of the Services and behaviour on our platform must comply with applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and compliance with such laws and regulations that are applicable to you.
If you are a student, the Services enable you to ask questions to the instructors (if any) of courses you are enrolled in, and to post reviews of courses. For certain courses, the instructor (if any) invites you to submit content as “homework” or tests. Don’t post or submit anything that is not yours. You must abide by the law and respect the rights of others: you cannot post any course, question, answer, review or other content or comment that violates applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for any courses, content, comment and actions you post or take or make or write on www.britishconnections.in and their consequences. Make sure you understand all the copyright restrictions set forth.
For example, if it is established that it violates intellectual property or image rights of others, or is about an illegal activity, if we discover that your content or behaviour violates our Trust & Safety Guidelines, or if we believe your content or behaviour is unlawful, inappropriate, or objectionable (for example if you impersonate someone else), we may remove your content, comment and actions you post or take or make or write on www.britishconnections.in. British Connections complies with copyright laws. Check out our Intellectual Property Policy for more details.
British Connections has discretion in enforcing these Terms and our Trust & Safety Guidelines. We may terminate or suspend your license or permission to use our courses or ban your account at any time, with or without notice, for any violation of these Terms, if you fail to pay any fees when due, upon the request of law enforcement or government agencies, for extended periods of inactivity, for unexpected technical issues or problems, or if we suspect that you engage in fraudulent or illegal activities. Upon any such termination we may delete your account and content, and we may prevent you from further access to www.britishconnections.in and use of our Services. You agree that we will have no liability to you or any third party for termination of your account, removal of your content, or blocking of your access to our platforms and services.
If one of our published course infringes your copyright or trademark rights, please let us know. We require our enrolled students to follow the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. For more details on how to file a copyright or trademark infringement claim with us, see our Intellectual Property Policy.
5. British Connections’s Rights to Content You Post;
The content you post as a student or instructor (including courses) remains yours. By posting courses and other content, you allow British Connections to reuse and share it but you do not lose any ownership rights you may have over your content. If you are an instructor, be sure to understand the course licensing terms that are detailed in the Instructor Agreement.
When you post comments, questions, reviews, and when you submit to us ideas and suggestions for new features or improvements, you authorize British Connections to use and share this content with anyone, distribute it and promote it on any platform and in any media, and to make modifications or edits to it as we see fit. In legal language, by submitting or posting content on or through the platforms, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your content in any and all media or distribution methods (existing now or later developed). This includes making your content available to other companies, organizations, or individuals who partner with British Connections for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publication of content on other media. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power, and authority necessary to authorize us to use any content that you submit. You also agree to all such uses of your content with no compensation paid to you.
6. Using British Connections at Your Own Risk
If you enroll a course, you rely on any information provided on www.britishconnections.in at your own risk.
By using the Services, you may be exposed to content that you consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. British Connections has no responsibility to keep such content from you and no liability for your access or enrollment in any course, to the extent permissible under applicable law. This also applies to any courses relating to health, wellness and physical exercise. You acknowledge the inherent risks and dangers in the strenuous nature of these types of courses, and by enrolling in such courses, you choose to assume those risks voluntarily, including risk of illness, bodily injury, disability, or death. You assume full responsibility for the choices you make before, during and after your enrollment in a course.
When you interact directly with a student or an instructor, you must be careful about the types of personal information that you share. We do not control what students and instructors do with the information they obtain from other users on the platform. You should not share your email or other personal information about you for your safety.
We do not hire or employ instructors nor are we responsible or liable for any interactions involved between instructors and students. We are not liable for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to the conduct of instructors or students.
When you use our Services, you will find links to other websites that we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of information about you. You should also read their terms and conditions and privacy policies.
7. British Connections’s Rights
All right, title, and interest in and to the www.britishconnections.in, including our website, our existing or future applications, our APIs, databases, and the content our employees or partners submit or provide through our Services (but excluding content provided by instructors and students) are and will remain the exclusive property of British Connections and its licensors. Our services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Nothing gives you a right to use the British Connections name or any of the British Connections trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding British Connections or the Services is entirely voluntary, and we will be free to use such feedback, comments, or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the www.britishconnections.in:
access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the platform, British Connections’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of British Connections’s service providers.
disable, interfere with, or try to circumvent any of the features of the platforms related to security or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems.
copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of or content on the British Connections platform or Services.
access or search or attempt to access or search our platform by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available search functionalities that are provided via our website, mobile apps, or API (and only pursuant to those API terms and conditions). You may not scrape, spider, use a robot, or use other automated means of any kind to access the Services.
in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information (such as sending email communications falsely appearing as British Connections); or interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the platforms or services, or in any other manner interfering with or creating an undue burden on the Services.
8. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Binding Agreement
You agree that by registering, accessing or using our Services, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with British Connections. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not register, access, or otherwise use any of our Services.
If you are an instructor accepting these Terms and using our Services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so.
Any version of these Term in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
These Terms (including any agreements and policies linked from these Terms) constitute the entire agreement between you and us (which include, if you are an instructor, the Instructor Agreement and the Pricing and Promotions Policy).
If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then that provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms will continue in effect.
Even if we are delayed in exercising our rights or fail to exercise a right in one case, it doesn’t mean we waive our rights under these Terms, and we may decide to enforce them in the future. If we decide to waive any of our rights in a particular instance, it doesn’t mean we waive our rights generally or in the future.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (Course Enrollment and Lifetime Access), 5 (British Connections’s Rights to Content You Post), 6 (Using British Connections at Your Own Risk), 7 (British Connections’s Rights), 8 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms), and 9 (Dispute Resolution).
It may happen that our platform is down, either for planned maintenance or because something goes down with the site. It may happen that our instructor is making misleading statements in their course. It may also happen that we encounter security issues. These are just examples. You accept that you will not have any recourse against us in any of these types of cases where things don’t work out right. In legal, more complete language, the Services and their content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security, lack of errors, or accuracy of the Services or their content, and expressly disclaim any warranties or conditions (express or implied), including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no warranty that you will obtain specific results from use of the Services. Your use of the Services (including any content) is entirely at your own risk. Some jurisdictions don’t allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
We may decide to cease making available certain features of the Services at any time and for any reason. Under no circumstances will British Connections or its affiliates, suppliers, partners or agents be held liable for any damages due to such interruptions or lack of availability of such features.
We are not responsible for delay or failure of our performance of any of the Services caused by events beyond our reasonable control, like an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; natural disaster; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage; or government restrictions.
If you behave in a way that gets us in legal trouble, we may exercise legal recourse against you. You agree to indemnify, defend (if we so request), and hold harmless British Connections, our group companies, and their officers, directors, suppliers, partners, and agents from an against any third-party claims, demands, losses, damages, or expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising from (a) the content you post or submit, (b) your use of the Services (c) your violation of these Terms, or (d) your violation of any rights of a third party. Your indemnification obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and your use of the Services.
8.4 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of the India, without reference to its choice or conflicts of law principles. Where the “Dispute Resolution” section below does not apply, you and we consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Mumbai, India.
8.5 Legal Actions and Notices
No action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued.
Any notice or other communication to be given here under will be in writing and given by registered or certified mail return receipt requested, or email (by us to the email associated with your account or by you to firstname.lastname@example.org).
8.6 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
8.7 No Assignment
You may not assign or transfer these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted under them). For example, if you registered an account as an employee of a company, your account cannot be transferred to another employee. We may assign these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted under them) to another company or person without restriction. Nothing in these Terms confers any right, benefit, or remedy on any third-party person or entity. You agree that your account is non-transferable and that all rights to your account and other rights under these Terms terminate upon your death.
9. Dispute Resolution
Most disputes can be resolved, so before bringing a formal legal case, please first try contacting our Support Team.
9.1 Going to Arbitration
If we can’t resolve our dispute amicably, you and British Connections agree to resolve any claims related to these Terms (or our other legal terms) through final and binding arbitration, regardless of the type of claim or legal theory. If one of us brings a claim in court that should be arbitrated and the other party refuses to arbitrate it, the other party can ask a court to force us both to go to arbitration (compel arbitration). Either of us can also ask a court to halt a court proceeding while an arbitration proceeding is on-going.
9.2 The Arbitration Process
Any disputes that involve a claim of less than INR 100,000 must be resolved exclusively through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. You and we agree that the following rules will apply to the proceedings: (a) the arbitration will be conducted by telephone, online, or based solely on written submissions (at the choice of the party seeking relief); (b) the arbitration must not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses (unless we and you agree otherwise); and (c) any judgment on the arbitrator’s rendered award may be entered in any court with competent jurisdiction.
9.3 No Class Actions
We both agree that we can each only bring claims against the other on an individual basis. This means: (a) neither of us can bring a claim as a plaintiff or class member in a class action, consolidated action, or representative action; (b) an arbitrator can’t combine multiple people’s claims into a single case (or preside over any consolidated, class, or representative action); and (c) an arbitrator’s decision or award in one person’s case can only impact that user, not other users, and can’t be used to decide other users’ disputes. If a court decides that this “No class actions” clause isn’t enforceable or valid, then this “Dispute Resolution” section will be null and void, but the rest of the Terms will still apply.
Notwithstanding the “Updating these Terms” section below, if British Connections changes this “Dispute Resolution” section after the date you last indicated acceptance to these Terms, you may reject any such change by providing British Connections written notice of such rejection by mail or hand delivery to: British Connections, Inc. Attn: Fortaleza society, Rio Grande, Flat 701. 7th floor. Opp Carnival Cinema
Kalyani Nagar, PUNE- 411006, or by email from the email address associated with your Account to: email@example.com, within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated by the “last updated on” language above. To be effective, the notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to reject changes to this “Dispute Resolution” section. By rejecting changes, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between you and British Connections in accordance with the provisions of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you last indicated acceptance to these Terms.
10. Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and British Connections reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
11. Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective July 23, 2019
1. Data Collection
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself and data about your participation in courses. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
|Account Data||In order to use certain features (like enrolling in a course), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, gender, and date of birth, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).|
|Profile Data||You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, headline, website link, social media profiles, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.|
|Shared Content||Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a course page, asking or answering questions, sending messages to students or instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.|
|Course Data||When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed; your exchanges with instructors and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.|
|Student Payment Data||If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip/ PIN code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip/ PIN code. For security, British Connections does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.|
|Data About Your Accounts on Other Services||We may obtain certain information through your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your British Connections account. If you login to British Connections via Facebook or another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service we may collect your name, profile picture, account ID number, login email address, location, physical location of your access devices, gender, birthday, and list of friends or contacts.
Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
If you access or use our Services through a third-party platform or service, or click on any third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
|System Data||Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types (“System Data”).|
|Usage Data||Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services (“Usage Data”).|
|Approximate Geographic Data||An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.|
1.2 Data We Collect through Automated Means
When you access the Services (including browsing courses), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
2. How We Get Data About You
We use tools like cookies, web beacons, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
British Connections uses the following types of cookies:
• Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (like your preferred language).
• Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
• Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
• Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We may use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics, Hotjar, Intercom etc.. on the Services. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We may use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
2.3 Online Advertising
We may use third-party advertising services like Taboola, Facebook, Google’s ad services, and other ad networks and ad servers etc.. to deliver advertising about our Services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your Usage Data and System Data (as detailed in Section 1), and things that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services, and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect data about your use of our Services, and may access those tracking technologies in order to serve these tailored advertisements to you. To help deliver tailored advertising, we may provide these service providers with a hashed, anonymized version of your email address (in a non-human-readable form) and content that you share publicly on the Services.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide their own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
• Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
• Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
• Communicate with you about your account by:
o Responding to your questions and concerns;
o Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
o Sending you information and in-app messages about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time);
o Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of the mobile app);
o Manage your account preferences;
o Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
o Solicit feedback from users;
o Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by British Connections;
o Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
• Identify unique users across devices;
• Tailor advertisements across devices;
• Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
• Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
• Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
• As required or permitted by law; or
• As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
We may or may not share certain data about you with instructors, other students, companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, your social media providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
• With Your Instructors: We share data that we have about you (except your email address) with instructors or teaching assistants for courses you enroll in or request information about, so they can improve their courses for you and other students. This data may include things like your city, country, browser language, operating system, device settings, the site that brought you to British Connections, and your activities on British Connections. If we collect additional data about you (like age or gender), we may share that too. We will not share your email address with instructors or teaching assistants. We also enable our instructors to implement Google Analytics on their course pages to track sources of traffic to their courses and optimize their course pages.
• With Other Students and Instructors: Depending on your settings, your shared content and profile data may be publicly viewable, including to other students and instructors. If you ask a question to an instructor or teaching assistant, your information (including your name) may also be publicly viewable by other users depending on your settings.
• With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
• With Business Partners: We have agreements with other websites and platforms to distribute our Services and drive traffic to British Connections. Depending on your location, we may share your data with these partners.
• With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics and data enrichment services like Clearbit, we may share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1), or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we’ve removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information (including contact and social information from other sources). We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
• To Administer Promotions and Surveys: we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (like to provide a winners list or make required filings), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
• For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools (as detailed in Section 2.1), and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioral advertising) and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you. To learn more or opt out from participating ad networks’ behavioral advertising, see Section 6.1 (Your Choices About the Use of Your Data) below. Note that if you opt out, you’ll continue to be served generic ads.
• For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
o Permitted or required by law;
o Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
o Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
o Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
o Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of British Connections, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
o During a Change in Control: If British Connections undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
o After Aggregation/De-identification: we can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
British Connections takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and British Connections, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.
6. Your Rights
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.
6.1 Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
• Regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
• The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that British Connections collects and maintains as follows:
• To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
• To terminate your account:
o Visit your profile settings page for terminating your account.
o If you have any issues terminating your account, email us at email@example.com
To request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at British Connections Knowledge and Skills Limited, 65/2823, Ashadeep CHS, Near MIG Cricket Club, Gandhinagar, Bandra East , Mumbai 400051, Maharashtra, India.
• Please allow up to 30 days for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
6.3 Our Policy Concerning Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 13 (or under 16 in the European Economic Area) should not use the Services. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that British Connections may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to email@example.com
7.Users Outside of the U.S.
Personal data collected by British Connections may be stored and processed in your region, and in any other country where British Connections or its affiliates, data sub-processors operate facilities. To facilitate British Connections global operations, we may transfer and access such information from around the world, including from other countries in which the Company has operations. This Privacy Statement shall apply even if British Connections transfers Data to other countries. By submitting your data and/or using Our Services, You consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of Your data in these countries.
Note to our customers in Europe: We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do, we use contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data. By submitting your data and/or using Our Services, You consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of your data in these countries.
8.Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.
Effective July 23, 2019
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on British Connectionsonline.com. We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into British Connectionsonline.com. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
|Authentication and security||
|Analytics and research||
- Personalized content: To customize British Connectionsonline.com with more relevant content
For example, cookies help us show a personalized list of recommended courses on the homepage.
- Advertising : To provide you with more relevant advertising
Please note that where advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising on other websites and applications, but it will not be tailored to your interests.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide its own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator
Updates & Contact Info
• During the Term or thereafter, Students, Instructors, Business Partners or platform services partners, website management service associates or partners etc.. shall not claim any right shall not directly and/or indirectly or in any way dispute or challenge the marks of British Connections or any other marks associated with the British Connections.
• Students, Instructors, Business Partners or platform services partners, website management service associates or partners etc.. shall not claim any right shall not be entitled to use any other trademarks, trade name, logo or any other Intellectual Property Rights either belonging to British Connections hereto or any other third party besides the marks permitted under this agreement, unless mutually agreed in writing between Parties on case to case basis.
• Students, Instructors, Business Partners or platform services partners, website management service associates or partners etc.. shall forthwith cease to use the marks and shall deliver and surrender to the BRITISH CONNECTIONS each and all of the materials and any physical objects , contents for courses – Course Image, Course Videos, PDF, Quizzes, Certificates & create courses (uploaded videos, quizzes, images, certificate or containing the marks, except as deemed necessary by BRITISH CONNECTIONS for fulfilling the obligations under this agreement.
• Students, Instructors, Business Partners or platform services partners, website management service associates or partners etc.. acknowledges that any and all Intellectual Property Rights which are made, developed or conceived or hereafter be made, developed or conceived on www.britishconnections.in individually or jointly with BRITISH CONNECTIONS and/or other parties during the Term hereof in connection with the performance of this agreement, or for the use of the marks and all related Intellectual Property Rights thereof and therein shall become and always remain the exclusive property of British Connections. For the sake of clarity, it is hereby expressly understood Students, Instructors, Business Partners or platform services partners, website management service associates or partners etc.. that all material including contents for courses – Course Image, Course Videos, PDF, Quizzes, Certificates & create courses (uploading videos, quizzes, images, certificate, posters, press notes, brochures, magazine, any study material with which advertising/publicity/promotion/marketing will be carried out by it with the use of the marks and all related Intellectual Property Rights, shall always be the exclusive property of British Connections.
• Students, Instructors, Business Partners or platform services partners, website management service associates or partners etc.. shall not do or omit to do or permit any act or thing to be done or omitted in derogation of any of the rights of British Connections in connection with the marks either during the Term or thereafter.
• Students, Instructors, Business Partners or platform services partners, website management service associates or partners etc..shall not use or cause to be used any of the marks or any words or symbols of any other company or that are similar or confusingly similar to the marks in whole or in part, in the British Connections’s corporate name.Infringing activity is not tolerated on or through our platform. This policy addresses what we do in the event of copyright infringement reports from content owners and trademark infringement claims from trademark owners with respect to the courses on the www.britishconnections.in. The policy also addresses what we do when British Connections instructors’ courses are copied on third-party platforms without their consent. Third-Party Copyright Infringement ReportsBritish Connections’s policy is to remove courses from our service when they are reported as infringing in a copyright infringement notice received from the owner of the original content. It is also our policy to remove all courses from any instructor who is determined to be a repeat infringer (for whom British Connections has received more than two valid takedown notices). We reserve the right to terminate an instructor’s account at any time, including when they post content in violation of the copyrights of others. How to File a ReportIf you would like to report a course on the www.britishconnections.in and if you are the owner or the designated agent of the owner of the rights to the content that you believe the course is infringing, the most efficient way is to use this form (form in English only).
Before you submit a copyright infringement report, please remember these important things:
• We cannot process a copyright claim that is not submitted by the owner of the copyright or its designated agent. This is because we have no way of knowing whether the instructor who published the course you are reporting has received proper permission from the owner to use the content. We will ask you to provide an electronic signature to confirm that you are the copyright owner or have authority to represent the copyright owner (including if the copyright owner is an organization).
• Your copyright claim has to be sufficiently substantiated for us be able to address it. This means:
o You provide sufficient information for us to contact you, including your full legal name, an email address, physical address, and (optional) telephone number.
o If you are filing a report on behalf of an organization, you include the name of the organization and your relationship to the organization.
o You precisely identify the original copyrighted material or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered in your notification, you provide a sufficiently representative list of such original material (such as a URL where the material is located);
o You provide sufficient information for us to locate the reportedly infringing course(s) on the British Connections site (the URL on our website and the exact name of the course and instructor;
o You add a statement saying: “I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this complaint is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf and I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”.
• Knowingly submitting a false or misleading claim of infringement is illegal and you could be held liable and have to pay damages as a result. British Connections reserves the right to seek damages from anyone who submits a notification of claimed infringement in violation of the law.
• There are types of content that are not protected by copyright. Copyright law doesn’t cover short phrases (like business names, book titles, and slogans), intangible concepts (like processes, ideas, and recipes), or facts. Before you submit a copyright claim, make sure that the content copied in the course is indeed protected by copyright.
• Consider whether the use of your material in the course is “fair use”. Copyright law includes a “fair use” exception for certain uses of copyrighted content that are considered to be in the public interest. Fair use covers things like criticism, commentary, news reporting, and research. In considering whether a course’s use of your material qualifies as fair use, you should look at:
o The purpose of the use (whether the course is paid or unpaid, whether the course critiques/parodies/transforms your material)
o The type of copyrighted work being used (whether your work is factual or creative)
o The portion being used (whether the course uses small, necessary excerpts of your material or substantial portions of it)
o The effect on the market for your material (whether potential buyers would purchase the course instead of your material)
Before you submit a copyright claim, make sure that use of the content copied in the course does not qualify as fair use. Counter-NotificationIf we receive a valid copyright violation report, we will send a copy of that report to the instructor who posted the reported course along with a notification that 1) the course was reported for copyright infringement and 2) we are removing the course from the www.britishconnections.in. We will also attach a form that the instructor can fill in and send back to us to submit a counter-notification. If your course has been reported for copyright infringement and removed from the British Connections service, and if you believe we made a mistake or that you have permission from the owner of the reported content to use such content in your course, then you may send us a counter-notification.The best way to provide us with a counter-notification is to fill in the form we provided you and send it back to the British Connections designated agent or the copyright team member who notified you. To be effective, a counter notification must be in writing and include the following information:
• Your physical or electronic signature;
• Your name, address, and email address or telephone number,
• Identification of the course that was removed and the location (URL) at which it appeared before it was removed (you can access this information from the copyright infringement report filed against your course, we always attach a copy when we notify you);
• A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
• A statement that you consent to (i) British Connections sharing your name and contact information with the claimant; (ii) receiving service of process for any legal action by the claimant or an agent of the claimant and (ii) accepting the jurisdiction of the court in Mumbai, India.
Knowingly submitting a false or misleading counter-notification to a claim of infringement is illegal and you could be held liable and have to pay damages as a result. British Connections reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a counter-notification of claimed infringement or counter notification in violation of the law.
Reports from Instructors of Infringing Content on Other Platforms
We understand that when you post and make available your courses on the British Connections marketplace, you want to make sure that you will not find your courses offered on another platform without your permission.
In the event you find your course available on another platform without your permission, please inform us on info@British Connections.org
Please keep in mind that since British Connections does not control the content on other sites, we may not always be successful. Certain countries take different approaches to copyright law; as such, we cannot guarantee the infringing party or hosting site will comply with our notices and remove the infringing content from their platform.
Third-Party Trademark Infringement Reports
British Connections’s policy is to remove courses from our service when they are reported as infringing a third-party trademark. We also reserve the right to terminate an instructor’s account at any time, including when they post content in violation of the trademark rights of others.
How to Submit a Trademark Infringement Report
The fastest and easiest way to submit a report of trademark infringement to us is to send a notice to the Designated Agent containing the information identified below. Please note that a copy of your notice will be sent to the party who posted the content you are reporting. Before you submit a trademark infringement report, please remember these important things:
• Your trademark claim has to be sufficiently substantiated for us be able to address it. This means your communication must include substantially the following:
o Your complete contact information (full name, mailing address, and email or phone number).
o The specific word, symbol, etc. for which you claim trademark rights.
o The basis for your claim of trademark rights (such as a national or community registration), including registration number, if applicable.
o The country or jurisdiction in which you claim trademark rights.
o The category of goods and/or services for which you assert rights.
o Sufficient information for us to locate the material on British Connections that you believe violates your trademark rights (web addresses/URLs of the allegedly infringing content).
o A description of how you believe this content infringes your trademark.
o If you are not the rights holder, an explanation of your relationship to the rights holder.
o The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the trademark as described above in the manner complained of is not authorized by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law.”
o The following statement: “The information in this notice is accurate, and I declare, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a trademark that is allegedly infringed.”
o Your electronic signature (“/s/” followed by your full name, e.g., “/s/ Jane Doe”) or physical signature.
• Submitting a false or misleading claim of infringement could result in liability for you. British Connections reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a false or misleading notification of claimed trademark infringement.
• Consider whether the use of your trademark in the course is “nominative fair use”. Trademark law protects the use of a name or brand for selling products and services, with the goal of preventing consumer confusion. Most countries’ laws include an exception for “fair use”, which allows others to use a trademark for factually referencing the trademarked product or service, or commenting on or criticizing the mark. Consider the likelihood that others would be confused into thinking that your company or brand had created or is sponsoring the course. Before you submit a trademark claim, make sure that use of your trademark in the course does not qualify as fair use.
Designated Agent Contact Information
British Connections’s Designated Agent for notices of reported infringement can be contacted in the following manner:
• Via E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Via Mail : British Connections Knowledge and Skills Limited, 65/2823, Ashadeep CHS, Near MIG Cricket Club, Gandhinagar, Bandra East , Mumbai 400051 India Attn: Copyright Team